Attorney John C. Bateman
Areas of Practice
- DUI DEFENSE
- JD, University of Richmond, Richmond, VA
- BA, History, Davidson College, Davidson, NC
- NHTSA DUI Detection and Field Sobriety Testing, May 2013 Curriculum
- NHTSA Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement, May 2013 Curriculum
- NHTSA DUI Detection and Field Sobriety Testing Instructor’s Course, May 2013 Curriculum
- South Carolina BAR
John C. Bateman is dedicated to defending clients accused of DUI. He is a founding member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association and has been featured on WYFF4.
John C. Bateman is a former Army JAG prosecutor, with experience prosecuting criminal conduct at courts-martial at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. John was also sworn as a Special Assistant United States Attorney and was tasked with trying civilian traffic offenses including DUI, DUS, and speeding tickets in federal district court.
John also served with the 95th Civil Affairs Brigade (Airborne), a subordinate unit of the United States Army Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Upon ending his active duty military career, he relocated to Greenville, South Carolina.
Since opening his own practice, John has aggressively fought to bring cutting edge DUI defense techniques to his clients. The National Highways Safety Administration publishes the curriculum for DUI enforcement training, and John Bateman was certified as an instructor on the latest May 2013 NHTSA DUI enforcement curriculum before it was fully implemented by the South Carolina Department of Public Safety. So what does this mean? It means that, in many circumstances, John has had more training on DUI enforcement than the arresting officer on a case, and he can bring that experience to his client’s defense.
Notable Training & Experience
- Joint Special Operations Legal Advisor’s Course, Eglin Air Force Base, Tampa, FL
- Criminal Law Advocacy Course, The Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School, Charlottesville, VA
- Phoenix Group Advanced Negotiations and Mediation Course, Fayetteville, NC
- Prosecutor’s Boot Camp, National Advocacy Center, Columbia, SC
- Temple University Law School Semester in Tokyo
- Davidson College Reserve Officer Training Corps Scholarship Cadet
- Eagle Scout